- Corinne packer
Email : Corinne Packer
Phone: 613-562-5800 x2053
Corinne Packer is the Assistant Director and Senior Researcher at the University of Ottawa’s School of Epidemiology and Public Health, working on global health equity matters. Her principal areas of research include reproductive health and rights, harmful traditional practices, women’s rights and, more recently, the international migration of health professionals.
Corinne previously worked as a consultant for, among others:
- The Netherlands Institute of Human Rights: evaluating the Technical Cooperation Branch of the UN’s Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- The UN High Commissioner for Refugees: notably on the matter of reproductive health in refugee situations
- The Council of Europe: on women’s reproductive health equality and on Romani women’s reproductive health in general.
- The Netherland’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs: with regard to the successful Dutch campaign for membership on the UN Security Council
- The Netherlands Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment: regarding Dutch policy on the human rights of women
In 2003-2004, Corinne was a Research Fellow at the Bagnoud Center for Health and Human Rights at Harvard University’s School of Public Health. Since 2004, she has assisted on projects at Human Rights Internet, a not-for-profit organization based in Ottawa, Canada, becoming its Executive Director in 2006.
Corinne holds an M.A. in Applied Population Studies from Exeter University, an M.Phil. in International Relations from Cambridge University and a PhD in International Human Rights Law from Utrecht University. She has authored two books, co-edited two books, and contributed to numerous scholarly compilations and journals, conferences and policy and training programmes.